Monday, February 27, 2012

Valentines Puppy

 I saw this in a book and just thought I would share my creation !!!
I first used a cookie cutter to cut out the pound cake hearts then stuck a fork in them

Then I mixed vanilla and chocolate icing and dipped the hearts in them.  I used caramel and softened it in the microwave and used a spoon to flatten it.  Then I cut out the ear shape with a butter knife.  I used white icing and chocolate chips for the eyes...Red hots for the nose and Candy hearts for the tongue.  I used the oreo cookies with one vanilla and one chocolate side and crushed those for the puppy spots.

These were such a hit at my 3 year olds Valentine Party for school !!! ENJOY !

4 comments:

  1. This is such a fun idea! Would love for you to come by and link up to my party!
    -Melissa
    www.serendipityandspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute... will store this idea away for next year; although they'd be perfect for a farm or fireman's party too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute!!! I love how you used the pound cake and the little heart for the tounge!
    I am having a project party... you can link this up if you want or any of your projects: http://bubblynaturecreations.com/2012/03/project-party-weekend-pretty-striped-pencils-tutorial.html
    Hope to see you there! xoxo-Rachel

    ReplyDelete